Saturday, November 5, 2011

Teacher Workday

Today was a blessed day called Teacher Workday.  It is a wonderful thing built into the school year where I get to sleep in and not worry about rising and shining until I feel like it.  We all slept late.  It was quite lovely.  When I did wake up, I woke Ethan up.  Norah was already up just waiting for me and Gavin was downstairs.  When I came down he was fully dressed and lying on the couch with a book.  What? Yes, a book.  The TV wasn't on.  The laptop wasn't on.  He had one of  "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid" books.  He was looking at the pictures and spotting his sight words in it.  I tell you his some kid.

We all lounged around for a bit.  I checked email and finished watching an episode of "Who do you think you are?" featuring JK Rowling.  After breakfast we all went upstairs and cleaned up the boys room.  It was a mess!

Gavin watched "Madagascar" while Ethan and I watched an episode of "Finding Bigfoot".  After lunch we headed back upstairs to rearrange the playroom and straighten up Norah's room.  Then I kicked the boys outside while I worked on my room.  Things get out of hand quick around here.  I'm notorious for just piling junk on my dresser.  I managed to get it mostly cleaned off.  I don't know if I'll ever get caught back up with laundry.  Five people create a lot of dirty clothes!

The boys took Norah out for a while and she played with them.  I put away the last box of books that weren't unpacked.  I do think we are completely unpacked now.

Today has been a very laid back, but productive day.  I wanted to start watching "Doctor Who" but I couldn't convince the kids.  I will win them over.  I will just start watching them myself and then I'm sure they will join me.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment