Monday, November 7, 2011

Shopping at Auchan

Cody and I went to the mall today to do a little shopping for Christmas gifts for our family back home.  We picked up a few things.  We went to Aushan, it's kind of like WalMart since it has both groceries and household goods.  

I had intended on going with all the kiddos, but the boys didn't want to go, so we were going to just take Norah but on the way out of the neighborhood she threw up because she was so mad that I didn't buckle her in the car seat, Cody did.  We took her back home and she stayed with the boys.  She has quite a temper!  Guess that reddish hair is for real. 

Cody actually drove this time and did great!  We parked in the garage and walked into the store and looked all around.  I personally could stay in there for hours just looking at all the different things.  I'm fascinated by all the things that they have.  Someday I'm going to go by myself and just spend the whole afternoon there looking at everything and then buying what ever I want.  

We checked out successfully.  I hate that I just do not understand what they are saying to me.  I have no idea what the cashier asked me, but I did my best to let her know that I appreciated her.  I said gratzie and counted the amount in Italian as best as I could.  Someday I may get it right.  May be. 

I'm trying to get all the gifts for family back home together and packed up and out the door very soon.  I don't want them to arrive too late!

On another note, we bought a bed for Norah from a neighbor.  It's a twin size bed with a trundle under.  She slept in there last night (after she had feel asleep on the couch and Cody placed her in the bed) and she took her nap there this afternoon. She's pleased with it.  It is of course called "princess bed".  Anything that is hers is "princess".  I suppose someday in the future Cody and I may actually have our bed to ourselves again. And while that is a good thing, I will miss the time when my babies were little.  






No comments:

Post a Comment