Thursday, November 17, 2011

Loving some Zombies...

It was a rainy and chilly day here in Sicily today.  I woke up with a headache, which now that I think about it may be from the weather.  I started watching "The Walking Dead" a couple of days ago and have caught all the way up with the show.  Wow!  It's really good.  I had read a poor review of it last year when it came out and decided not to watch it; boy was I wrong doing that.  I really like it.  I like the characters and I actually was watching between my hands a few times.  What a great show!

I'm loving that I can watch tv shows for free online now.  I stopped watching a lot of shows and did not start any new ones because I didn't think I could keep up with them over here, but that just isn't the case.  This fact makes me super happy.

I need to set up a real routine here.  I was doing good for a while, but when Gavin got sick and then I got sick; I got lax and haven't recovered.  I want to do more fun stuff with Norah instead of watching tv all day and hanging around the house.  We only have the one car and it's a challenge to make myself get Norah up and dressed to drive Cody to work so I can keep the car.  All challenges that can be met, just require me to be motivated to do them.  I'm working on that.

Some people have grandeur lives when they live overseas.  They are always going somewhere, doing something;  so far I am not one of them.  I like being with my family.  I like my cocoon of a house.  I like holing up in here with my kiddos and watching movies, reading books and shutting out the world.  I don't want to squander my time here though, so an adjustment needs to happen.  I must open myself up more. Lots and lots of things for me to work on.

And just for the record, I really, really miss my friends in Virginia Beach.  I miss Debra.  I miss Stephanie.  I miss Tracie.  I miss my house too.

No comments:

Post a Comment