Monday, November 5, 2012

You're wearing as size what shoe?!

Today I am floored by how quickly my baby boy Ethan has grown into a young man.  When did he get to be so grown?  I mean, I noticed his clothes getting smaller and I noticed he was getting tall; but seriously, when did this happen?  We went shopping for new shoes since his last pair of tennis shoes had wore slap out.  He had a big gaping hole in them.  

The child is wearing a size 9 ½ or 10 in MENS.  Yes, I know it’s normal, blah, blah, blah...but wait until your little funny baby boy goes from being a sweet little thing to this smelly (yes I’m saying it, pre-teen and teenage boys REEK), voice cracking, leg hair growing near man child that is bigger than you!  

It is amazing to me how we give birth to these wriggly little creatures and then they grow into funny little boys that play trucks and cars and trains and then the next thing you know they are gangly, stinky teens.  I have to cherish this time.  He’s nearly 13 and it won’t be long until he really is a man and I’ll have to actually let him go...forever.  He won’t always be my responsibility.  He’ll always have my heart and he’ll always be my baby; but I have to let him go out into the big bad world on his own and fend for himself.  But, I won’t think about that right now.  Right now I’ll hang onto my almost teenager that will still let me give him hugs and kisses and pray that his dad and I can keep him going down the right path to be the man that we know he can be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment