Monday, October 31, 2022

Trunk or Treat 2022

 

I have always wanted to participate in a trunk or treat, and this year we had the opportunity to join in the fun.  We participated in the Autumn Fun with the command.  

I'm a sucker for a theme.  I decided to go with the "Witch's Tea Party".   I set the table and it was glorious.  Our costumes were fabulous.  I gave each child that came through a tea cup with two pieces of candy and a little squeaky toy.  We got a few votes but did not win however we had a very good time.  I loved it.  I hope to be able to do many more in the future especially if we happen to live out in the country.  

I used many items I already had as well as purchased some items specifically for this theme.  I had the silver tray I used in the middle.  It was given to me by my husband's grandma, she got it as a wedding gift.  It needs a good polishing so it looked great on the table.  I ordered the tea kettle from Amazon. 

I had the tablecloth but ordered the spiderweb table runner.  It came with bats and several other spooky linens.  I am obsessed with the tea plates and cups.  I found them at a thrift store. I am always looking for different kinds.  I put glittered water in the cups to look like tea.  I used edible glitter. I also bought crystal teaspoon sets because I'm extra.  I picked up silver rectangle serving trays from Daiso.  

It's hard to see in the picture but I also had a small apothecary and cauldron in the trunk. 

I had more things I wanted to put out.  A sign for broom parking, and an invitation to the tea party but it was very windy.  That's why my hat is pulled down on my head.    












Items I used:
*(Disclaimer.  I receive a small commission when you purchase through my link with no additional cost to you). 

    Costume Items: 
    Witch Hat
   
   Treats: 
   Squishy Octopus
   Teapot
   Spoons
   
   




No comments:

Post a Comment