Thursday, November 3, 2022

Spatula Happiness.

I never imagined buying a spatula would make me happy but here we are.  I'm happy with a spatula. 

Some people call them egg turners or flippers but I call them spatulas.  


To make it even more confusing I also call these spatulas as well.  





                          But anyway, back to this marvelous Big Mama Spatula. She's 15 inches! 




I had a hard plastic one that I loved and used for 25 years and then it broke.  I asked for a replacement for Christmas last year.  Sometimes I give easy suggestions to make it easy for the kids to buy me a gift.  They got me a nice one, the one in the photos, but it was too flimsy.  I need something firm and strong.  I did not like the way the spatula would bend when I was trying to dip something out of or scrape something out of the pan. 

Last week I started searching for something made in the USA and found this Big Mama.  It's made in the USA out of hardwood.  It is perfect. It is large. It is firm and strong.  It is wooden.  It is made in the UDS.   It requires a bit of upkeep but so worth it for me to have a sturdy utensil to flip burgers and whathaveyou.  It needs to be washed by hand and occasionally oiled. 

Should you like one for yourself here's a link.  (Disclaimer.  I receive a small commission when you purchase through my link at no additional cost to you). 

No comments:

Post a Comment