Friday, October 21, 2022

Where am I now?

I've moved so many times since I started this blog and even since I last updated.  So where the heck am I these days?  

Well, I live in Okinawa, Japan right now.  We moved here in July 2021.  In the midst of the COVID times.  Before here, we were in Beavercreek, Ohio for two years.  We were there for 9 months before COVID hit and we spent the rest of the time at home.  My husband teleworked the whole time and I loved it.  

I know during COVID when we were all locked down in our homes so many people figured out if they really wanted to be with their partners or not.  I spent all that time with my husband and loved it.  We truly are meant for each other.  I can't complain about my husband, we are great together.  I'm so happy we are at a place and time in our journey where that is the case.  

Back to living in Okinawa.  I hear all the time, you either love it or hate it, no in between.  I disagree with that statement.  I am indifferent to it.  I don't hate it here at all.  There are a lot of things to like or love about it.  

Things to love about living in Okinawa.
1) The ocean
2) Yakiniku
3) The friendly native Okinawans
4) The blue sky
5) The green grass
6) Snacks


But also there are things that I do not like about living in Okinawa.

Things to not love about living in Okinawa.
1) COVID protocols
2) Language barrier
3) How far you are away from "home"
4) How far away you are from mainland Japan
5) Slow US mail service
6) HEAT and HUMIDITY

As you can see from my short (not comprehensive) lists; it's a draw.  I have been enjoying my life here as best as I can; just like I do at all of our assignments. 

I'll be sharing more specific things from my lists in the coming weeks.  

Thanks for hanging out with just me.



No comments:

Post a Comment