Sunday, October 30, 2022

Decorating for Halloween 2022

 

Do you decorate for Halloween?  Some years I decorate a lot and some years I decorate a little.  I left a lot of our Halloween Decorations in storage for this tour.  I brought my big storage container of costumes though.  I keep all the costume pieces from year to year that can be used again.  You never know when a costume will be needed.  

I like to decorate our tv stand for each season or Holiday.  For Halloween this year I simply used these bug twinkle lights.  I cannot even remember where I got them from, I've had them for so long.  I also placed a black and silver pumpkin to the side.  I made that pumpkin a couple of years ago from a Dollar Tree pumpkin and some fabric.  I would share a photo but the boxes with the items for our truck-or-treat are all in front of the tv stand; so it's a mess.

I have also enjoyed changing out the tablecloths for the season.  This one is a lovely rusty color with leaves.  I've had it for a few years.  I also have had these placemats for so many years that I really have no idea where I got them from.  I like to use them throughout the fall.  The shiny leaves table runner I bought at the Exchange on Kadena Air Force Base a few weeks ago.  I overheard a little girl exclaim, "Oh Mommy!  They are so pretty!" When I saw what she was talking about I couldn't resist. It almost blends in with the leaves on the tablecloth.  I know my table has a lot of orange colors going on, but I love it.  I have a clear vinyl table cover on here as well.  I use this to keep from having to wash the linens every day because we are messy.  I bought it from Amazon.  Here is the link if you would like one too.  *(Disclaimer.  I receive a small commission when you purchase through my link with no additional cost to you). 

Placemats, tablecloth and copper metallic table runner



I have this lovely Welcome sign that has cute little changeouts for each season.  I believe got this one from Lakeside Collections several years ago.  They don't seem to have them any longer but this one is similar.  

Welcome sign


While we're on the interchangeable signs, I also have the napkin holder with the magnetic icon to change out also from Lakeside.  They still have this one.  My pepper shaker broke (we move a lot y'all) plus we prefer freshly ground pepper anyway.  

Salt and Pepper shaker on the table


I have this fun pumpkin that lights up and talks but the kids keep turning it off because they find it annoying.  I picked him up on clearance last year at the Exchange after Halloween.  I have him sitting on a plant stand in the window by the front door.


Spooky fake pumpkin lit up

Fake pumpkin not lit up





Outside I have this fun inflatable doggy!   This is his first year with us. I bought him on sale last year after Halloween.  I think it's supposed to be a dachshund but we say it's a basset hound like our Mr. Shelby Cornbread.  He looks to be leaning in my photos, however, it is so windy here that he tilts to one side.  It came with strings to tie him down but I did not use them.  We did use the stakes to hold him down though.  We just love him.  Here's a link to him if you want one too.  *(Disclaimer.  I receive a small commission when you purchase through my link with no additional cost to you). 


In the daylight

In the dark



I have other lights that I could put out but I'm going to be completely honest, sometimes it's difficult for me to get the motivation up to put stuff like that out.  I'll probably line them up on the ground for trick-or-treating on Halloween night.  

So that's it.  That's the extent of my decorating for Halloween 2022.  

No comments:

Post a Comment